Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New job with online marketing
I was paranoid for a second.
I google searched my name and was thankful and relieved to see that my blog did not appear on the 1st 2 pages of google. Although I have made it public a while back cause I've nothing private that I will be ashamed of or want to hide anymore, but...

I'm in an internet marketing company. Where:
- I have 3 bosses whose age is the same as my brother's.
- On my first day I had to give them my msn and facebook.
- I attend training classes whereby my trainer talks about google search and how out of 10 internet users, 8 starts their session from a search engine. (and google takes up a huge pie of it, about 70%)
- I am taught how to study keywords that people type on search bar. study analyse and come up with all kinds of combinations and variations i can think of.

So can't blame me for being paranoid that any of my bosses would have already google searched me.. if they have.. Hi!! Rest assured I am still aware that anything published in the web is public and I will not hide behind the computer screen and have a false sense of security that my words will be hidden from the rest of the world... (although I have always felt so. and lesson #38.2312: if you are not visible, you are invisible on the web)

Decided to blog today cause, firstly, i reached home at 715 and i have been knocking off at 6. love it and not used to it. maybe dislike it a little cause i haven done any proper work 5 days into the job. only because company is giving me time for training which is good but i feel weird not rushing into office first thing in the morning, switch on my pc, check my thousands of emails and clear my inbox, and having my ass glued to the seat till lunch or even for the rest of the day. secondly, i reread my jan post which wasnt too long ago, but i feel like a different person from then already. Then, i was jobless. Zero personal growth unless you count reading marketing and programming books. and thinking up of how to make my dream a reality. Now, i met someone (my trainer and mentor) at work who is intellectual and funny at the same time. just when i had lamented in the previous post that there isn't someone like that around me. who can influence me positively. i think it's just pure luck and fortune that i get to train and know someone like that. someone with a wealth of knowledge that i always feel like i should stand by my notebook and pen whenever he starts to speak. even casually over lunch. i'll be good if i have 1% of his wisdom.

i have many books to read. i will have discipline and digest them one by one.. i swear to make good use of my time, cause i'm trading time for money. more time, less money.

when i feel the heartache of my paycut, i will read and enrich myself.

updated at 10:36 PM.

Profile

Kai
29 August 1987
Skype username:
kyla.kailing


Social Media:
@sengkailing


Thoughts
Youth is wasted on the young


Wishlist
I got everything I need
My Favourites
Music.
I Follow..
.bubzbeauty.
.echoli.
.xteeener.
.Vivawoman.
.gossip tabloid.
Bookmarks
.Singapore Sales Updates.
.Top 50 Beauty Blogs List.

Makeup&Clothes
.International Sprees.
Blogs
.XXX.
.XXX.
.XXX.
.XXX.
.XXX.
.XXX.
.XXX.
Archives
May 2006.
June 2006.
July 2006.
August 2006.
September 2006.
October 2006.
November 2006.
December 2006.
January 2007.
February 2007.
March 2007.
April 2007.
May 2007.
June 2007.
July 2007.
August 2007.
September 2007.
October 2007.
November 2007.
December 2007.
January 2008.
February 2008.
March 2008.
April 2008.
May 2008.
June 2008.
July 2008.
August 2008.
September 2008.
October 2008.
November 2008.
December 2008.
January 2009.
February 2009.
March 2009.
April 2009.
May 2009.
June 2009.
July 2009.
August 2009.
September 2009.
October 2009.
November 2009.
December 2009.
February 2010.
October 2010.
November 2010.
January 2011.
February 2011.
January 2012.
April 2012.
August 2012.
July 2015.
January 2016.

Credits
designed by lil.queens
photos: bexidaisy on DA
host: imageshack & imeem
inspiration & lyrics: TLG